Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: 416-8A Question

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member LICORNE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    If they are both 416-8A Then Someting about the voice coil , spider and cone could be different from one another.
    In order to do a good job Bill at GPA would need both speakers to voice them properly.

    I don't think they need remag if they were never
    droped .

    515 G are nice but if it's for home use it would be cheaper just to fix the ones you have.

    Convergence

    ....................................

  2. #2
    Inactive Member gamalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    535
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Check with a meter to be sure they are both close in impedance, probably either 8 or 16 ohms.
    Also switch the offending woofer into the box that sounds good. Could be something in the XO or wireing.
    If all that fails to ID the problem then a short vacation trip to GPA is waranted.

    Gary

  3. #3
    Inactive Member soundbound's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 14th, 2007
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just finished parting together a set of A7. Will be used only for home audio. I noticed that one of my woofers puts out better sound than the other. It's louder, goes lower, and flat out performs the other. When I got the woofers I noticed that one looks older. Should I send them to GPA for rebuild or buy some of his new 515 version.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.